Year 3 Reflection

Friday, September 4, 2009

Spelling words

Think of this week’s spelling words. Pick one of your list words. On the blog write a list

of 5 clues about your word for the other students to guess.

For example…

I’m thinking of a word from this week’s list.

I have lots of hands.

I am round.

I am good at hanging about.

My hands travel in circles.

Sometimes I tick.

31 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of a word from this weeks list.
    1)A train can go on it.
    2)It can be made of dirt or rails.
    3)People can make it.
    4)It leads to somewhere.
    5)It is normally long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPELLING WORDS
    I'm thinking of a word,can you guess it?
    I'll give you 5 clues!
    1.I feel special at certain times.
    2.I love Weddings,Birthdays,Easter and Christmas.
    3.I like to dress up in my fancy clothes.
    4.Our family looks forward to these times.
    5.I wish every day I had one of these on.
    NICOLA
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola is the word excellent or occasion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of a word,can you guess it?

    1.I can change the seasons

    2.you can get wet

    3.you can get sun burnt

    4.I can be beautiful

    5.I can have 4 seasons in 1 day

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jas I know what the word is?
    I'm think it is track!
    NICOLA
    ********

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guessing everyone! I wonder if your all right, hopefully Jas and Nicola will get on and tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmy, I think the word is weather?

    NICOLA
    ********

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia V, the word is not excite.
    Jimmy one of your words is correct, which one will you choose?

    NICOLA
    ********
    :):):0(:(:0:}:]:0:):0(:}:]:[:{:|:):(:{:):0:(:):|

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. i'm on t.v

    2.sometimes I'm hot,cold or warm.

    3.It's all around us.

    4.I change every day.

    5.I can cause natural disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.You stand on it
    2.It is made out of wood
    3.It can go around your pool
    4.You need nails and a hammer to build it
    5.You can paint it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Livi I think I mow what the word is?
    Is the word weather:)" " "
    v o u
    NICOLA
    ********

    ReplyDelete
  12. David - I'm thinking of a word from the list.
    1. A building has one in it.
    2.It is the way out.
    3.It has four letters.
    4.It is sometimes called emergency.
    5.The sign is often lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. I change everyday.
    2. People plan their holidays around me.
    3. I help people decide what they will wear each day.
    4. Some people will decide where they will live because of me.
    5. They talk about me at the end of the news every night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ryan C is your word.....Deck ?

    Riley H is your word ....weather ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you guess my word ?

    1. I am squishy

    2. You can stand on me

    3. You can make vases from me

    4. I am used to make bricks

    5. You get dirty when you use me

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1.My face is round.

    2.We live and work by it.

    3.I have 3 hands.

    4.I have 12 numbers.

    5.I make a ticking sound.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your all making some great puzzles for the rest of the grade!!! It is great to see so many people guessing the answers.

    Hope this was a fun homework activity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Court is yours - clock

    David is yours - exit

    ReplyDelete
  19. you use it on a door

    you can hear it

    it is a bang

    you hit hard

    it tells when you are here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes Scott it is a clock...


    Scott is yours cement...

    ReplyDelete
  21. nicola is yours occasion

    but i have one of my own though


    1 i can be used to get out of buildings
    2 i am in a product
    3 i can be used to escape
    4 i can be used to get out of somewhere in a emergency
    5 i can be used to get off the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi David,
    i think your word is EXIT.

    am i right?
    from Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Nicholas,

    is yours EXIT?

    (THIS IS ONE OF MY OWN)

    1 i am glass
    2 i have a lid that pops off
    3 people take me from the bar
    4 i am a type of drink

    good luke!!!

    from Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Scott,
    Is yours sement.

    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm thinking of a word in this weeks spelling list.

    1)Everybody likes it.
    2)You can't play with it.
    3)It is very fun.
    4)Everybody feels it sometimes.
    5)It is a very good feeling

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi jasmine,is your word HAPPY


    adriana

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Adriana,
    i think your word is beer.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think the robots name shoud toria

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Rose,
    your geuss is so close but beer is not my word.
    this is another hint there is white .... and red .... it has 4 letters in it.

    good luck!!

    adriana

    ReplyDelete